I wrote about Halloween last year, just after we implanted the Lone Ranger, the last frozen embryo from my sister's egg donation cycle. I was in the 2ww, again, and not in the mood for little kids in costumes.
Halloween has never been my favorite, but these kinds of kid centered holidays can be especially hard for people on IF Island. It can trigger a lot of feelings, especially the feeling of being left out. So here's my two cents:
1) If you're not feeling it this year, there is no shame in turning off your lights and watching a movie in a back room somewhere. You don't owe anyone anything.
2) Putting a bowl of candy on your porch is totally legit.
3) Avoid social media today--there will be lots of babies dressed up as pumpkins or bumble bees or something too cute to stomach.
4) Treat yourself to something, delicious or other wise (a smashing new pair of orange ballet flats and a bag of Reece's peanut butter cups could really hit the spot right now).
5) And have a happy Friday! If there are adult parties tonight, rock them! If it's a quiet time to be alone, enjoy it. You deserve to feel good, so find a way to try and take care of yourself.
Wishing everyone a good weekend!